Faster to your Paducah Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Paducah provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Paducah and McCracken County
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Paducah provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Paducah arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 270-443-4555
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Paducah
SERVPRO of Paducah specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Conditions In Paducah Might Be Right For Mold
SERVPRO of Paducah knows what to do if mold grows in your home.
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Paducah to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 270-443-4555.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Paducah for mold remediation services.
What Happens After You Call SERVPRO of Paducah?
Dehumidifiers and Air Movers Set Up to Dry Church
Have you ever wondered what happens after SERVPRO of Paducah is called to the scene of a water damage event?
- Kelly Bone, our lead water technician (http://www.SERVPROpaducah.com/employee-photos), meets with customer to discuss remediation process and questions or concerns.
- Water extraction begins.
- SERVPRO of Paducah uses a truck-mounted commercial extractor to remove any standing water.
- Damage is assessed.
- Anything that is salvageable is removed and kept safe from further damage.
- Unsalvageable material is discarded (including contents, drywall, flooring, etc.)
- Equipment is set up.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers and high-speed air movers are strategically placed in space to remove remaining moisture from ceilings, walls, and floors.
- Situation is monitored.
- Kelly and her crew members return to the scene periodically to monitor drying process.
- Once dry, reconstruction can begin.
There are many steps involved in drying out a home or commercial property after a water damage event. However, the amazing and unparalleled service Kelly Bone provides makes the process as seemless and hassle-free as possible for our customers.
Call SERVPRO of Paducah to help with your water damage event.
MOLD: The Silent Threat
Mold in Attic Due to Roof Leak
There are over 100,000 forms of fungi that can turn into mold. Mold in large amounts has the potential to cause health issues or even worse. Mold growths, or colonies, can start to grow on a damp surface in 24 to 48 hours. When water gets into a part of your home or business, getting the water out before mold has time to form is crucial. Mold reproduces by spores that can travel through the air, allowing mold to spread rapidly.
If your home has water damage due to:
- sewage back-up
- plumbing or roof leaks
- damp basement or crawl space
- overflows from sinks or bathtubs
- high humidity (from steam cooking, dryer vents, humidifiers)
...mildew and mold will likely develop within 24 to 48 hours (though it may not always be noticeable!)
If you think you may have a mold problem due to one of these issues, call SERVPRO of Paducah at 270-443-4555 today!
Strong Wind Event in Western KY
Storm Damage to Local Home
Western Kentucky and the Paducah community have witnessed many dramatic weather events in the last decade. These events have ranged from crippling ice storms to torrential rains and devastating tornadoes. Many home and business owners are able to escape free of damage and frustration. However, there are many who do not get off as easily and must deal with the headache of storm damage.
High winds can create more damage than one might expect. This customer was forced to deal with significant roof damage after a wind event. Strong winds caused a large tree to fall on the roof of the home. SERVPRO of Paducah swiftly responded and secured a tarp over the damage to protect the home from further harm. In the days following, SERVPRO of Paducah completed the reconstruction necessary to put the home back together, "Like if never even happened."
If you experience storm damage at your Paducah home or business, call SERVPRO of Paducah to help!
Arson in Paducah: When Bad Things Happen to Good People
Arson Job: Where the Fire Started
One of the most difficult parts of working for SERVPRO is seeing our customers go through dramatic events. Though these events are the cause of headaches and heartaches, they generally occur at the blame of faulty equipment or unavoidable weather incidents. However, one Paducah rental property owner experienced an event far more incomprehensible: a property of his was the subject of arson.
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, arson is the leading cause of fire-related property damage in the United States.
When the property owner was alerted of the incident, SERVPRO of Paducah was called to the scene. The rental property was gutted from the inside out. Everything from the carpet where the fire started to the bathroom fixtures on the other end of the property had to be replaced. This job was completed swiftly and efficiently by the crew at SERVPRO of Paducah to ensure the safe return of the tenant.
Electrical Fire Safety
Electrical fires are never pretty.
Winter weather and the holiday season puts great stress on home outlets. Along with the ordinary plug-ins (coffee pot, lamps, hair dryers) we add the stress of Christmas lights and space heaters. These additional items are potentially very hazardous and can lead do significant damage to your home, business, or property.
SERVPRO of Paducah wants to provide you with the steps necessary to prevent these things! However, if an unfortunate event occurs, we are here to help!
- Frequently check electrical cords
- Major appliances should be plugged directly into wall outlets (not extension cords)
- Clean dryer lint filter after every use
- Do not overload extension cords or power strips
- NEVER leave space heaters or heated blankets on unattended
- Unplug items after use
Use these tips provided by SERVPRO of Paducah as a proactive measure to prevent a fire damage event at your home or business.
When Storms or Floods hit Paducah, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Paducah.
SERVPRO of Paducah specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Paducah, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams SERVPRO of Paducah - Disaster Recovery that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 270-443-4555.
Fire and Smoke Damage in Paducah Home
Residential Fire and Smoke Damage in Paducah
This home in Paducah, Kentucky was damaged when the wiring caught fire. Luckily nobody was injured, but unfortunately the incident was not isolated to the area and fire or smoke damaged most of the home. The homeowners lost the majority of their contents as well as sustaining significant structural damage before it was extinguished.
As soon as the scene was released, our SERVPRO of Paducah team was on the scene to help begin the clean up process. We helped to document all unsalvageable contents and packed up anything that could be cleaned and stored until the home was repaired and ready to be moved back in to.
It is a very sad experience for anyone to have to go through, but our goal is to make it as easy and as worry free as possible so that the customer can concentrate on other things.
When in crisis, SERVPRO of Paducah is here to help!
Mold Under Wallpaper at Local Business
Mold Growth Behind Wallpaper
Water and mold damage can be sly threats to your local business! Though everything may appear clean and dry after a water damage event, there may be something lurking in places you would not expect. The walls in the offices of this Paducah business had mold growth beneath the wallpaper. When time came for renovations, the owner of this business discovered just how sneaky mold can be! SERVPRO of Paducah was quickly called to action and tackled the invader. Mold can be addressed in a variety of ways depending on the spore, the location, and the occupancy of the space. Mold can be a scary situation, but SERVPRO is not intimidated!
When mold affects your home or business, call SERVPRO of Paducah to leave your space, "Like it never even happened."