When Storms Cause Water Damage-Do's and Don'ts
Paducah, Kentucky and the surrounding western Kentucky region are prone to flooding. This year we received a significant amount of rain during the winter months and the flood gates had to be installed. With the most recent Tornado that struck, SERVPRO of Paducah received a number of calls due to water damage. SERVPRO of Paducah has a few tips to help you remember what TO DO and what NOT TO DO during a flood or storm event.
What Not To Do:
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
- Do not leave wet fabrics ups. Hang fur and leather goods.
What To Do:
- Turn air condition on for maximum drying in the summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects and collectibles to a safe, dry place.
For further information on how SERVPRO of Paducah would tackle your flood damage event, call us at (270) 443-4555 today!